Functioning far beyond the envelope of traditional audio devices, MR816 X fuses a fully-featured FireWire interface and built-in DSP FX power with next-generation integrative technologies into one breathtakingly powerful production environment.
This Advanced Integration DSP Studio is the hardware centerpiece of a latency-free recording and monitoring environment that fully exploits the flexibility and power of Steinberg’s renowned Cubase Music Production System. The system utilizes True Integrated Monitoring™ to offer fully professional monitoring with VST3 DSP effects of exceptional quality.
The MR 816 X’s formidable DSP power can also be harnessed during the mixing stage, with the onboard REV-X plug-ins adding first-class tools to the sonic armory of any musician and producer.
MR816 X – Top 10 Features
- True Integrated Monitoring™ with full faderless mixing: no latency, DSP-powered FX* and dynamic 1:1 hardware/software mirroring with Cubase
- Complete Cubase user interface integration throughout: direct access from Cubase with no additional software mixing application or external windows required
- Eight discrete Class A analog ‘D-Pre’ mic preamps with combination XLR and TRS analog inputs with advanced new inverted Darlington circuits, hardware gain knob and phantom power per channel
- Quick Connect: next-generation of plug and play as well as instant routing of inputs to Cubase channels from the hardware with the push of a button
- DSP Power for Cubase: VST3 onboard DSP-powered FX with REV-X reverb: also available within Cubase during mixing
- Instant setup: Cubase automatically detects the MR hardware and comes with ready made templates as well as an automatic project I/O configuration
- Full, flexible connectivity: eight Analog, one ADAT® I/O, one S/PDIF Coaxial I/O and WordClock sync
- Extendable system with daisy-chaining of up to 3 units providing up to 24 analog inputs and outputs
- Includes Cubase AI4: hassle-free recording and creating music right out of the box thanks to the fully featured starter version of the world’s most popular music production software platform!
- Supports Apple OS X 10.4 / 10.5 and Windows XP and Vista : includes ASIO and CoreAudio drivers as well as additional external software mixer and plug-in editors for using with 3rd party audio software
The unique level of integration also allows effortless control over the hardware, including full access to all functions from within Cubase. Dynamic mirroring of hardware and software functionality allows an exceptionally fluid workflow supporting features such as instant, on-the-fly re-routing of audio inputs to Cubase channels.
The unprecedented depth of integration goes right to the core of Cubase functionality: When connected to the MR816 X, Cubase generates additional panels for control of functionality from within the Cubase mixer as well as additional customized editor windows. Easy setup and true plug and play guarantee a lightning-fast setup experience, with automatic I/O setup creating all necessary routing automatically within Cubase, with no need for laborious manual I/O configuration.
Developed by Steinberg and Yamaha and precision-manufactured by Yamaha to the most exacting standards, MR816 X features new technology that melds an outstanding DSP-powered FireWire interface with 16 channels of analog and digital I/O directly into Cubase. MR816 X offers advanced production technology and audio quality far beyond its price class, only previously available in proprietary hardware recording systems costing several times more.
What’s amazing about this product?
Outstanding sound characteristics, flexible I/O and stacking options, VST3 DSP accessible in Cubase during mixing and above all a hyper-intelligent architecture that mirrors the Cubase environment in hardware. It’s this groundbreaking and utterly unique combination of first-class physical I/O, onboard DSP and tightest possible software integration that offer not only myriad workflow advantages but also an excellent price performance ratio. MR816 X is one of the components of a unique system of hardware and software components that rewrite paradigms in music production. Combined with Cubase and the CC121 Advanced Integration USB Controller, MR816 X forms part of a system that’s so much more than the sum of its parts.
- Up to 24 bit / 96 kHz
- 8 input channels with XLR / TRS combo jacks
- Hi-Z input for electric guitar or bass
- 8 output channels with TRS connectors
- 1 ADAT digital I/O for digital audio streams or S/PDIF
- 2 inserts for hardware outputs
- S/PDIF coaxial in and out
- WordClock I/O for professional sync
- Support for Mac OSX 10.4 and 10.5, Intel-based Macs, Windows XP and Windows Vista
- ASIO and CoreAudio drivers for use with any 3rd party DAW (advanced integration only available with Cubase 4 or higher)
- Daisy-chain up to 3 units with FireWire connectivity